Hi everyone, just wanted to let you ll know how things are going.
Radiation is over as of last Thursday, but I'm still feeling the effects. Tired, unsteady on my feet, and sore throat mainly, plus the hair loss. My hair is well on its way out which is a bit depressing, but there's nothing I can do about that. I have some head coverings to wear anyway.
I went out for breakfast today to the Pancake House with Dallas to meet some of my friends. I had no idea, though, that the organizer had called quite so many friends to come out! Although it was tiring to be out it was nice to see everyone. I had a good breakfast too - oatmeal and bananas plus some of Dallas' pancakes. We also had a call this morning from one of our old friends from Dallas' law school days, which was nice.
Next steps are to see the general oncologist on Tuesday. Hopefully he will have the results from the CT I had on Wednesday so we will know what we're facing. I would really rather know; I am a planner and I find the waiting pretty upsetting. I'm trying to keep my strength up by going out for a short walk with Dallas a couple times a day, I hope the weather tomorrow allows us to keep that up.
That's all for now!
Love, P.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I found a solution for your hair. How about a wig with HALF my curls? You know I have enough for both of us ;)
ReplyDeleteI have been in Medina with the family and they all send you a big kiss (Irati and Baloo too).
Wow - what kind friends. While dealing with my body I often tell Penny that I have to do what is good for my spirit and let the body do what it does. Being with friends has a lot of healing power.
ReplyDeletePraying for good news from the oncologist and clarity on what is needed.
Love Aunt Pat, Penny and little Bella