Saturday, August 22, 2009

What I've been up to

Sorry for the lack of updates, but I really haven't had a lot to report on the health front. Things are much the same as ever. Trying to cut down on some of the meds to reduce side effects, but this causes other symptoms. Still waiting for the CT scan that will show how effective the radiation has been.

It seems we've been doing a lot of social things! We had a lovely breakfast last weekend with K. and J. and family at their place. The boys are great and they really laid out a lovely spread of breakfast, thanks again guys! Dallas' parents visited for the day on Sunday and left a ton of raspberries. We had dinner with S. and some friends at Carlos & Murphy's on Monday, and went for gelati after, that was nice. On Friday my sister spent the afternoon at the house and we turned most of the raspberries into delicious jam! (We were pretty nervous though as it was our first time making jam and the instructions seemed rather.. precise!)

Today (Saturday) J. and M. took me out shopping for yarn so I can start a knitting project to keep myself occupied (I'm doing a scarf). Dallas' sister arrived from Calgary and we went to the zoo in the afternoon, that was fun. We were all tired out so we ordered a pizza for a late supper, played some Rock Band on the Wii and visited. But now it is late and time for bed... Dallas' parents are coming into town tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a nice sunny day as they are headed to a cabin at Hecla for the week.

Anyway I hope everyone is having a good weekend and I will try to update more frequently!

Love, P.

4 comments:

  1. Pam,
    its good to hear that you are getting some good outings. Hopefully since it has been such a cold summer the fall will be long and warm and you can enjoy your deck, etc. The teachers are back and I am up to my ears in schedules and other database issues. We are having 3 students come from South Korea 2 are in 7th and 1 in 9th grade - we are excited for this experience for them and us. Blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I got to see you while I was home!

    Much, much love,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys! I had a great time with you, as usual. Thanks again for the B-Day card and Chapters giftcard -- I can't wait to use it. Looking forward to seeing you again soon...Pam, don't forget about the Christmas mani/pedis!!!

    Love, Lara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pam and Dal. We are headed to the Mall of America this weekend (AKA consumer hell). Anything you'd like us to pick up and bring back for you? Anything special that exists only on American shelves? I'll be headed to Target too!

    ReplyDelete