I can't believe that the last update was last year already! But anyway I guess no updates mean no bad news, so that's cool.
We actually had a bit of good news again with Pam's latest brain scan. Although we were worried, it turns out that the brain lesions are either the same or have shrunk again since the last scan, and that's great!
I guess we should also update readers on our mainly boring lives... we've mainly just been working, but we have had a couple of nice breaks lately too. In the winter we went to Gimli to stay at the hotel there, just for the weekend. It was very relaxing, we went for a walk, read our books, soaked in the hot tub, watched the Olympics, ate in the restaurant and were generally slothful. It was fantastic!

More recently we went on a quick trip to the west coast. We stayed for two nights in Vancouver with Pam's brother and sister-in-law and had a good time with them. I hung out with my old chum Rick and that was great as well. Then our friend Bryan very kindly drove us to Tacoma, Washington where we picked up our new old car. (I had sold the '72 Datsun 240Z I had owned for 20 years because I wanted to try something different).

In Tacoma we picked up the car, and over the next three days drove it back 1600-odd miles across Washington, Idaho, Montana, and North Dakota. The car ran great and the weather was perfect, it was a nice break for us (not to mention exciting for me to drive a longtime "dream car" of mine through the mountains, with my lovely wife there to enjoy it with me). We got back to Winnipeg about 7pm on Wednesday, April 21, and took the next day off work.
Now we're back to work... I hope that Powerball ticket we bought in Washington paid off, but I don't have the heart to check the numbers ;-)

Thanks for the update. Glad about the shrinkage~ it can be good ;) Lookin' great Pam!
ReplyDeleteSloth is good! At least that's what I tell myself!
The first car pic makes it look like you bought your Porsche at Costco.
Looking forward to seeing you guys this summer.
S
>The first car pic makes it look like you bought your Porsche at Costco.
ReplyDeleteWe almost went with the Ferrari from Wal-Mart, but decided on German engineering instead ;-)