Hey everyone. Can't believe that it's now mid-September and the summer that we wait so long for, is now pretty much gone.
In any event, we had a really nice day on Saturday. It was a beautiful sunny Fall day. In the morning we had donuts from Tim Hortons, then ran some errands. After lunch I worked on the P-car a bit, washed and waxed the GTI, and generally puttered. We pulled some weeds in the driveway and then decided to go for a drive to Assiniboine Park and take a walk. We strolled around the English Garden and even saw a fox sneaking around outside the zoo. Watched a movie in the evening and went to bed. It was a good day, for sure.
Anyway I guess we had a pretty busy summer and I thought I should post an update and some pictures. I guess the most recent interesting thing we did was drive to Sault Ste-Marie, Ontario for the wedding of our friends Greg and Linda. I was standing up for Greg. We took the Porsche and it was a pretty fun trip.
The first day, we stopped in Bemidji for lunch by the lake.
Then we hung out with a couple of friends:
We stopped in Duluth for the night and spent a really nice evening at the harbour front they have there, here are some pictures:
Can't drive through the UP of Michigan without a photo stop in my favourite town:
The wedding was lovely and a lot of fun. While in SS-M we went on a boat cruise of the locks, it was very cool, especially meeting the large Great Lakes freighters. These are amazingly large, some over 1,000 feel long... impressive!
On the way back, we drove up to Thunder Bay and then down through Rainy River back into the USA at Baudette, Minnesota. Driving beside the lake was absolutely breathtaking, so many beautiful views. Couldn't stop for them all but we made a few stops to take in the fantastic scenery.
And the famous Wawa Goose of course!
On the health front things have been pretty stable, thankfully. Pam has scans and appointments on a regular basis but they have shown no radical developments, touch wood. So we are hanging in there pretty well.
We hope everyone enjoyed their summer and is having a great fall-time. It's a really nice time of year here, and we are hoping to visit the corn-maze with friends and do some other outside stuff if we can.
Love to all,
Dallas and Pam

Looks like it was a lovely trip. Your photos of Babe and Blue and the Wawa Goose are much more picturesque than mine of the Mundare Sausage!
ReplyDeleteApparently in North Dakota, sort of near Grand Forks there are towns called "Sharon" and "Thompson." I must visit them some day :)
Glad I got to see you guys a few times this summer. Hope to see you at Christmas too. Boxing Day swim?
S
I loved Duluth. Lucky for you you avoided the I35 (I'm guessing). Was just thinking of doing the drive from Winnipeg to Detroit via the UP earlier this week. One of these years, I guess.
ReplyDelete