Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Renovations...



So back in December we finally decided to pull the trigger on the long-planned bathroom renovation.  As you may know we live in a very old house (100 years old this year) and in old houses, bathrooms are often not so nice.  Ours was no exception... ugly flooring, worn out vanity, ancient tub surround, etc...


...plus the toilet was actually in a different room from the tub and sink!!

So we decided to completely gut the two rooms, knocking out the wall in between and renewing everything from the wall studs outwards.

Here are some pictures of the destruction... the whole process is expected to take until the end of March or so.  Until then, while we have a powder room downstairs, we won't have a tub or shower.  Yikes!!


I'll post pictures as we make progress.  The guys have been working for six days now, and the wall is knocked through, new walls framed in, and plumbing and electrical work is well underway.  Exciting!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! The renos have finally begun! So exciting! I can't wait to see the new bathroom when I'm home this summer.

    Glad you got back up to Gimli. It is such a great place. I hope to get back there one day. Good memories of our trip there together :)

    S

    ReplyDelete