Tuesday, September 29, 2009

MRI Results

Just got back from the appointment with the radiation oncologist.

He said that the MRI they just did and the previous CT scan can't be directly compared because an MRI gives much better resolution than the CT. However the MRI showed a number of nodules, but they are all very small. So it seems that they are not getting any bigger anyway. I will have another MRI in mid-November to check again.

In the meantime I will see the general oncologist on Monday, and the doctor today said to expect that he will want to start hormone therapy, or chemotherapy, or both, for my lungs.

All in all it was not so bad. We weren't expecting to get great news, and we didn't get great news, but it could've been worse. We will hang in there.

Love, P.

7 comments:

  1. Well we're all hoping for great news, but good news is better than bad, so yes, we'll take it.

    Glad you are now feeling up to returning to work- that is a good sign.

    How is the knitting going?
    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Pam. Like you said, it's not great news, but it's not bad news either, so that makes it good news, right? Sending lots of good thoughts your way...

    xox
    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed not great news, but definitely not bad either!
    Thank you for the update.
    By the way Pam, did I tell you how great it is to see you back in the office???

    Hugs
    John and Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update.

    Please know that you're both in our thoughts.

    Dave & Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Pam,
    I am releived that you didn't get bad news. I admire your courage to "keep on going".
    Can we help in the process in any way?
    We are here when you need us.
    Love,
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pamilia,
    I guess it´s going to get a little longer yet. Keep positive and ... knitting is ok but I still remember that nice dark blue graduation dress you sewed... put the material on the floor, put on some pins,... the whole process was technically perfect!
    A big hug and lots of energy from all of us.
    Love,
    Iratxe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that the latest tests are generally positive!
    Thanks for the update.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete