Friday, September 25, 2009

Update for Friday

Dallas here with a short update.

Starting from back at the last update...

We had a nice weekend away in Fargo a couple weekends ago. We visited the Fargo Zoo (yes, they have a zoo!) and it was pretty good. There was a building with a bunch of lizards and insects (including a very cool chameleon), a donkey and miniature horse, a cow (!), and camels. The highlight was the Chinese red pandas. The zoo has a breeding pair and in June they had triplets... they had not been out "on display" before the day we saw them. Pretty cute! The zoo also had a pack of wolves and we saw "feeding time" which was very intense, to say the least.

Last Friday Pam had her MRI at HSC. Now we are just waiting for the results that will show what effect the radiation treatment had on the brain lesions. It has been a pretty anxious week and Pam has been feeling not so great, the nausea and vomiting that she had before has returned. She's been back at work for a few weeks now, part-time, and that is good. We are trying to keep positive for the appointment next Tuesday when we get the results of the MRI but it is tough.

Anyway we hope everyone has a good weekend and I will post another update next week.

6 comments:

  1. Pam and Dallas,
    Thanks for the update. You are on my mind and heart all the time. Penny and I and our friends are holding you up in prayer. Hope you can do something fun this weekend to help the wait go faster.
    We are looking at a teardrop camping trailer today. Have been wanting to buy a small camper and found the teardrops. They basically are a bedroom and a kitchen. They were popular in the 1920's 30's, 40's. We are going to a campground where people with teardrops are gathering for the weekend so should be very interesting to see different kinds and how people set them up.
    Love,
    Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about you both. And I think it's great that you are back at work a bit, Pam! It's probably good to have some normality, right? If I were a praying woman, I'd be doing that for you, but since I'm not, I'll send out positive energy instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam and dallas,
    Been thinking a lot about you. Enjoying this beautiful September weather. Today we are celebrating Tom's 40th birthday!
    Love, Aunt Nora

    ps: Dallas I entered this for Nora as she can not reach the blog she said it expired. Please reinvite her. Thanks Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Aunt Pat; I've resent the invitation to Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Pam and Dallas,
    Just wanted to tell you that we have been thinking about you alot and especially wanted to let you know we are sending good vibes your way for good news tomorrow.
    Love,
    Valerie and Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. To Pam and Dallas,

    Good Luck for the Dr's visit tomorrow. My positive and supportive thoughts go with you.

    ReplyDelete