Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Weekend

The weekend... went by fast!

Friday night - Theresa came over for dinner, we went to Wal-Mart on the way to take her home. Nice visit.

Saturday - appointment for haircuts for me and Dallas. I suggested we go to McDonald's for breakfast first... no opposition from him ;-) Egg McMuffin was very tasty and with my weight loss recently, the calories and fat really don't bother me! Got my hair cut quite short and am very pleased with it. In the afternoon a little walk over to the park.

Sunday - breakfast at Stella's with Dallas, Jodi, Dianne and John. Had pancakes, they were good. Nice to see some friends. A short walk around the block in the evening.

I'm sure looking forward to completing radiation. It has really knocked the stuffing out of me this time, but only four treatments left to go.

Love, P.

5 comments:

  1. Hello my dear friend:

    I am so glad to read that you had a relatively good weekend. Even went shopping at Wally World??:)
    Egg McMuffin:):)...good for you. I often have two of them on Saturday morning when Joyce doesn't feel like making breakfast. You ate a whole one?? Wow:)
    It was a nice day for a wlk in the park. I did the sme, although it was the park in Stonewall and I had my camera to keep me busy.

    Your Sunday started off well. Both Joyce and I love Stella's. And again the weather was nice for a walk.

    It is getting close to the end of radiation..yay. You must feel happy that it is close to the end of the treatment. I realzie that it made you weak and tired. Joyce and I stay optimistic that the treatments are successful.

    Hugs and love from both of us.

    Joyce and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pam,

    I'm sorry to hear that your CT was re-scheduled. They should know better! I'm glad you had a good weekend though. We arrived in Edmonton late tonight after a very long drive from Kelowna. Was very nice to see Karen and Jim and they had hot summer weather. We didn't even see any forest fires. We'll be leaving early Wednesday morning from hear and I'll be thinking about you a lot. Take care.
    Hugs, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam
    We are so pleased that you had a great weekend and that you are still enjoying the taste of different foods. Our friend who has successfully completed her breast cancer treatments also had her appetite effected. It doesn't sound like much, but you only have 4 more radiation treatments to go. You are definitely over the hu,p mow and heading for home. Best wishes, Bill Cann and Dorothy Young

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pam,

    I'll get into Winnipeg some time on Monday the 3rd and I am around on the 4th. I hope I can see you. I'll call when I get to the city.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete