Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Tuesday Update

A few bits of news today...

Had my third-to-last radiation treatment and a doctor visit this afternoon. I was weighed and I've gained a kilo in the last week which is great, up to 47 kilos now, or 103lbs. This is a Good Thing for sure.

Also had the results of the barium swallow test from last Monday which came back clear, which is also good. CT scan tomorrow night, which is an important test for sure. Also my hair has started falling out a bit today. Maybe it won't all go, since I only have two radiation sessions left, but if it does it does, not much I can do about it, except buy a crazy wig ;-)

Love, P.

7 comments:

  1. Hiya Pameeela:)

    You gained a kilo??? Great!!!!!!!!!
    We are also happy to learn that the barium swallow test came back clear!! All good signs.
    Both Joyce and I keep all our digits crossed and pray for good news after your CT scan as well.

    Should you require a wig for a little while, have you considered a red one??:)

    We are keeping you in our daily thoughts and prayers!

    John and Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get a big blonde beehive wig, Pam! Thinking about you guys a lot.--Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam,
    Good to hear your test was clear and that you gained a little weight. Hope Dallas is keeping you supplied with some good malts. I am praying for good results from the scan.
    Peace,
    Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Bryan: a big blonde beehive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beehive! Beehive!
    Good news about the test results too! :)

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' the good news - weight, last treatment, and a good b-swallow!! My lord, you are hopefully headed into a brilliant long weekend. On that note, our babysitter has bailed on Sunday :( Damn adolescents $&@$* Anyhow, what would you like to do about Sunday's get together?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm voting for the beehive, too, but not blonde. I think something in a really sassy pink would be much more suitable.

    ReplyDelete